By Hilary Kassler
- Fire pits are a perfect visual and social focal point for your outdoor space. A fire pit can help transform your yard or patio into an additional living and entertaining space.
- A fire provides the perfect atmosphere for social gatherings. Everyone loves to sit around a fire – the flickering flames can create a romantic ambiance and can also provide screen free entertainment for all.
- A fire pit encourages you to spend more time outside. Do some stargazing or just relax in the natural surroundings.
- Watching the flickering flames can promote tranquility and relaxation. We could all use a little help to unwind from our hectic lives.
- You can use a fire pit year round. An outside fire can be warm and cozy in the winter or on a nippy fall evening. A fire on balmy summer evening can light up the yard and provide an entertaining spot for family and friends.
- You can cook on a wood burning fire pit. Add a grate on top of your pit and your culinary adventures can go beyond s’mores!
- Fire pits are safe when used responsibly. Place your pit at least 10 feet away from anything flammable, including buildings, sheds, wooden decks and overhanging branches or eaves. Keep a bucket of sand or a hose nearby and make sure you are familiar with your local fire safety regulations.