Position Summary: This position is part of the yard operations team who are responsible for unloading inbound freight (plants and landscape products) distributing products to proper locations, maintaining plants and product displays, and directing and answering customer questions in the sales yard. Staff member will also assist in the daily picking and gathering process which stages plants that are sold or being transferred to other stores.
- Assisting customers and sales staff by answering basic questions and directing customers to find what they are looking for,
- moving sold plants and products onto vehicles or into staging areas.
- Unloading incoming delivery trucks
- Drip irrigation maintenance
- Trees and shrubs (consolidation within blocks)
- General nursery plant health care functions to include re-burlapping, pruning, weeding, fertilization and purging
- General cleaning and maintenance of the outdoor sales area and Indoor spaces
- Assist with setting up and maintaining seasonal and permanent displays areas
- General maintenance of grounds, roads, and facilities
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Able to receive and follow through on tasks involving one or two steps
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be dependable, punctual with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work outside in all weather (will need work boots, gloves and raincoat)
- Be a team player working with a diverse group of people
- Be able to lift 75 lbs. without assistance throughout the work day.
- Forklift and nursery equipment operation experience is a plus