Wholesale Counter / Customer Service
- Answer incoming calls and direct them where needed.
- Greet every “Walk-In” customer with a positive welcoming approach
- Manage phone calls so all are answered in three rings or less, phone is picked up others when necessary (multiple callers, breaks, etc.)
- Enter new or pull up existing open orders in the POS System.
- Enter other Ship Via orders (Pick ups, Deliveries, etc.) from phone callers and for other sales staff.
- Cashier responsibilities of invoicing– taking payments (cash, check, credit card, account)
- Match up customer with yard sales personnel as they check in toward the customers needs.
- Support transfer process between all stores
- Make sure customers have been appropriately checked out by sales staff or loading staff so that what leaves yard is accurate.
- Work & communicate with loaders/yard staff to assist customers for a quick “Load & Go” for pick up (product that is in the yard or product that is already gathered in the call area).
- Keep common area, showroom and counter clean and presentable.
- Support Daily Shipping Manifest for “outbound” deliveries.
- Hand out current information to customers such as promotions, warranties, specials, etc.
- Positive Customer Relations first & foremost
- Work with or load customers when needed
- Support all merchandising, signage and showroom seasonal layout & set-up
- Follow up phone calls, deliveries, surveys etc.
- Preferred knowledge of Greengoods (Trees/Shrubs/Perennials) or will train as needed.
- Preferred knowledge on Turf products, Contractor Tools & Hardscapes or will train as needed.
- Preferred Forklift experience or will train
- Ready for fast-paced multi task environment
- Willingness to work additional weekday hours & Saturday Mornings in Spring & Fall
- Candidate should be an outgoing, friendly person who is easy to get along with and who can put up with the ebb and flows of the seasonal traffic.
- Candidate should be able to handle situations where customers are upset and work things through to arrive at best solution, and a solve problem independently or know when to seek a manager for assistance.
- Should be able to lift 50lbs or greater
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus