- Assists customers with Tree and Shrub plant purchases as well as add-on sales of related products. Is familiar with the entire GC product line, and can, when appropriate assist the customer with purchases in other areas. (40%)
- Maintain a beautiful, easy-to-shop sales area. This includes plant placement and tagging. Ensure plant health through deadheading, pruning, monitoring for pests/diseases, and watering. Remove all plant material from sales area that does not meet our high-quality standards. Monitor sold stock and achieve high cleanliness standards on a daily basis. (25%)
- Works with the outdoor sales area Merchandiser to implement vignette and display plans creating a sales area that will inspire, educate and assist the customer in selecting the best plants for their gardens. (15%)
- Provide the highest level of service to the WN customer.
- As with all sales positions within this group, this person will interact with other sales departments to provide customer service to all Weston Nurseries Customers (Retail, Landscape and Commercial). (5%)
- Participate in producing helpful and informative marketing content for our customers in written, picture, or video form. (5%)
Requirements – Knowledge:
- Broad horticultural knowledge with focus on Trees, shrubs, acquired either through formal training or on-the-job experience.
- Experience with garden creation/design with knowledge of plant combinations, basic design theories and cultural practices.
- 3-5 years’ experience selling plants in retail setting.
Requirements – Personal:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are important when interacting with customers, peers and direct reports.
- Planning and follow through are key to ensure all retail opportunities achieved.
- Recognizes the importance of individual success as well as teamwork across all departments/divisions within the company.