Reports to Garden Center Manager
Direct Reports include Yard Supervisor
Performs various activities that will maintain, monitor and control the company’s green goods inventory control and purchasing activities related to meeting the company’s Store 1 Tree, shrubs, perennials (PST) and sod requirements.
Responsible for replenishment decisions & actions for trees and shrubs for store 1 based on budgeted monthly forecasts for sales and inventory on hand. Responsible for perennial purchasing actions for Store 1 based on monthly forecasts and input from perennial area supervisor. Provide essential sales data & support for GC manager toward initial stocking and vendor decisions for next season’s PST needs. Enter all PO’s as needed. Identify individual SKU re-ordering points. Source & secure promotional plant material according to marketing and promotional plans. Works closely with other GG buyers to maximize our buying power for best price/best quality on all GG purchasing decisions. 20%
Work with yard and marketing staff to set up plant display areas in accordance with the buyer’s vision and the collaborative efforts of the sales and yard staff 20%
Coordinate & schedule deliveries of incoming goods based on the receiving schedule requested by the garden center manager and/or the operations supervisor. Provide the delivery package to receiver or to supplier for pre-labeling prior to arrival. Package includes load list, price labels, signs, block location information, pre-sold items, and any other materials that will facilitate timely receipt and placement of product. 15%
Receive incoming goods into the system on the same day of receipt. Coordinate discrepancies (quantity, quality, substitutions, etc.) with supplier immediately for best resolve or return. 10%
Maintain and fulfill all special order GG items from the store 1 buyers list so that plants are purchased and allocated to sales orders in a timely manner. Work with other store managers for special order/sold items when a transfer may be needed. 10%
Maintain the upcoming delivery list schedule for store 1 so that sales staff has clear visibility on future deliveries. 5%
On a daily basis, monitor the system for negative inventory (RIS Report) in store 1. Evaluate root causes for inventory discrepancies, effect adjustments to the inventory systems, train where needed or coordinate corrective action as required. 5%
Oversee the creation and maintenance of GG SKU’s for the company. Work with administrators in all three stores to develop more competence with accurate classification of individual SKU’s, including proper sell prices and notes as/when needed. 5%
Produce Dynamic promotions for retail sales and marketing programs (store 1 and store 2) according to plans. Participate with promotional planning sessions along with Store 1 manager and marketing team. 5%
Conduct physical inventory & cycle counts within product discipline as needed or scheduled. Administer system for scrapping activity. Oversee monthly and end of year inventory accuracy and conduct. Conduct write off’s monthly and at year end to accurately reflect inventory levels. 5%
a) Possesses strong verbal, written and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to organize and analyze vast amounts of data; demonstrate ability to multi-task priorities and possesses solid time management skills
b) Must have thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and demonstrated ability to use an integrated general ledger package.
c) Knowledge of Activant a plus but not required.
d) Horticultural background a plus but not required.
e) Must have a valid driver’s license.
f) Works well in a team environment.
g) Able to work with a diverse group of people.
h) Accessible & available during work hours
i) Should be able to lift and move at least 50lbs.
j) While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
· Interpersonal—the individual focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
· Teamwork—the individual balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit and is able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
· Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
· Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity—the individual meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
· Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
· Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, commits to extended hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks in a timely manner or proposes an alternate plan to the appropriate person.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Weston Nurseries does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state and local law.