Position: Planting Crew Laborer
This position involves working with 1 or 2 other planting crew members who install plants (primarily trees shrubs, perennials) for residential homes on a daily basis. Our aim is to properly install plants so that they thrive in their new environment while operating in an efficient and safe manner.
- Loading up trucks at the beginning of each day.
- Unloading trucks at the job site.
- Vegetation removal and preparing planting areas.
- Installation of plant material utilizing tools, planting products and equipment, following our proper planting techniques.
- Maintaining job site and staging area in a clean and organized manner throughout the day.
- Loading up debris onto trucks and cleaning up the property to a high standard.
- Following order of operations as directed by the supervisor while working at an appropriate pace that balances quantity with quality.
- Complying with company safety policy at all times.
- Have valid drivers license.
- Obtain a current DOT Medical Card.
- Be able to work well in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Must be dependable showing up at work and on time.
- Must be flexible with workday hours on occasion where projects run long.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift 50~75 pounds of weight frequently throughout workday.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Weston Nurseries does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state and local law.