We are a leading horticultural business located in Massachusetts. We are dedicated to providing exceptional plant and garden solutions to a diverse clientele — both retail and wholesale.
As our Lead Web Designer/Graphic Designer, you will play a crucial role in defining our brand and ensuring that our online presence and our visual identity are in alignment with our brand identity in our retail stores and wholesale locations. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create captivating web designs, engaging user interfaces, and visually appealing marketing and collateral materials that resonate with our target and future audiences. Your creative prowess and technical skills will be instrumental in elevating our brand and driving customer engagement.
- Collaborate with marketing, horticultural, and IT teams to understand business objectives and translate them into compelling visual designs.
- Design and develop visually appealing and user-friendly blog and product pages, landing pages, and microsites that align with the company’s brand identity and messaging.
- Create captivating graphics, illustrations, and infographics for online and offline marketing campaigns, product packaging, signage, ads, SWAG, uniform logos and promotional materials.
- Partner with our social media specialist to produce engaging visual content for social media platforms, email campaigns, and digital advertisements.
- Maintain and update existing website content, ensuring consistent design and optimal user experience.
- Stay current with design trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices to continually improve the company’s design assets.
- Collaborate with photographers, illustrators, and other creative professionals to source and create visual assets.
- Ensure all design projects adhere to brand guidelines and maintain a cohesive visual identity.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute creative ideas to marketing and branding initiatives.
- Assist in the creation of multimedia presentations and visual materials for internal and external communications.
- Optimize the on-page SEO/SEM and work in conjunction with our Google SEO specialist and the rest of our team to design and produce content in line with what our customers and potential customer are searching for. Stay on top of and ahead of trends using SEO and online tools such as google, SEMRush, etc to ensure that we trend for all appropriate keywords
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience (3+ years) in web design, graphic design, or a similar role, preferably in a corporate or enterprise setting.
- Proficient in WordPress with an expertise in Elementor.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, etc.).
- Strong understanding of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design principles.
- Solid knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive design to ensure seamless web design implementation.
- A portfolio showcasing a diverse range of design projects, highlighting both web and graphic design expertise.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail, creativity, and a passion for staying up-to-date with design trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience in the horticultural or related industry is a plus.
- This position is based in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. Occasional travel to company facilities and events may be required and there is flexibility in location within the US.
We offer one of the most competitive benefit packages in the industry that include a 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement: opportunities for professional growth and development and a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
If you’re an experienced, talented and motivated designer with a passion for both web and graphic design, we encourage you to apply and become an integral part of our innovative team. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter, and a link to your online portfolio showcasing your design work. The portfolio is a mandatory part of your application.