- The Perennial Sales Area Representative is responsible for assisting the Perennial Sales Manager (PSM) with the daily operations of the perennial sales area, ensuring the area remains fully stocked, effectively merchandised and beautifully maintained.
- Assists customers with Perennial plant purchases as well as add-on sales of related products. Is familiar with the entire GC product line, and can, when appropriate assist the customer with purchases in other areas. Interact with other sales departments to provide customer service to Weston Nurseries retail Customers.
- Maintain a beautiful, easy-to-shop sales area. This includes plant placement and tagging. Ensure plant health through deadheading, pruning, monitoring for pests/diseases, and watering. Remove all plant material from sales area that does not meet our high-quality standards. Monitor sold stock and achieve high cleanliness standards on a daily basis.
- Works with the PSM to implement vignette and display plans creating a sales area that will inspire, educate and assist the customer in selecting the best plants for their gardens.
- Horticultural knowledge with focus on Perennials, Vines, Roses and Ground Covers acquired either through formal training or on-the-job experience.
- Experience with garden creation/design with knowledge of plant combinations, basic design theories and cultural practices.
- 1-2 years’ experience selling plants in retail setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred. At a minimum, has the personal attributes necessary to lead, coach and develop a strong team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are important when interacting with customers and WN personnel. Recognizes the importance of individual team success as well as teamwork across all departments/divisions within the company.
93 East Main Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Sun-Wed 9am to 5pm
160 Pine Hill Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Open Daily 9am to 6pm
1099 Main Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Open Daily 9am to 8pm