Provides clerical and administrative support to one or more functional areas within Human Resources. Fills out forms and/or verifies information on forms submitted by employees. Verifies compliance with company policies and procedures and is able to handle nonstandard events. May research, analyze, and integrate data to provide information on personnel programs. Able to use multiple software programs to perform job duties.
- Processes various weekly payroll activities to prepare payroll for approval.
- Performs diversified clerical and administrative support to one or more functional areas within Human Resources.
- Creates files on all new personnel, onboarding or processing termination foe employees, adding employee to multiple systems including HR/payroll and general ledger.
- Processes changes on all employee status as necessary (e.g., departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, workers comp codes, etc.); verifying payroll changes
- Enrolling new employees in programs; conducting short orientation to explain benefits; processing and recording employee information.
- Maintains all employee electronic and hard copy files.
- Assists in yearend reporting; both internal and external.
- Works with employees to file and follow up on workers compensation claims.
- 1 year experience in an HR environment preferred.
- Thorough working competency with Microsoft office products; Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.