This is a challenging position for a motivated self-starter with at least two years knowledge and experience in the maintenance field. Responsibilities include completion and supervision of all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance on nursery facilities.
- Two years minimum experience in the maintenance field.
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment safely.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Patience and the ability to adapt to change.
- Knowledge in identifying and fixing facilities problems including plumbing, electrical and construction.
- Completes all project requests assigned to them in a neat and timely fashion.
- Keeps accurate records of work done and reports them to the Facilities Manager.
- Assesses and completes maintenance issues to the best of their ability and refers to the Facilities manager when necessary.
- Insures that contractors complete their job in a safe and professional manner.
- Takes after hour’s calls for maintenance issues.
- Completes repairs for any safety concerns and remedies deficiencies.
- Responsible that all work is done safely and efficiently within budget constraints.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness and stocking inventory supplies.
- Assists the Facility Manager in periodic property inspections.
- Supervises and assists all departments with necessary repairs and preventative maintenance of buildings.
- Expected to work approximately an average of 46 hours per week throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma / G.E.D.